Pregnancy tests manufacturers claim that their results are 99% reliable, however this percentage is only a comparison with other manufacturers, not with respect to the number of pregnancies that detect neither the certainty of your specific case, according to the food and Drug Administration (FDA for its acronym in English).
In fact, the factors that determine the reliability of the results are the time that take it, the sensitivity of the test and its correct use.
If you take it before having a delay in your menstrual period, the reliability of a negative result can be less than 50%. This information can be found in the attached document that has your pregnancy test (so you can see this link for an example, visit the blog entitled home pregnancy tests are not as reliable as the box says).
For reliable results, waiting until after the delay in menstrual cycle and confirm taking another test a week later.
Is it possible to have a false negative?
Sometimes, you can get a false negative result. This can be for several reasons:
- You took the test very early and your hCG hormone (known as the pregnancy hormone) levels were not detected.
- The test is not sensitive enough to detect your hCG level.
- There was an error collecting the urine sample.
- You assume a negative result due to the difficulty to read it.
- Your urine was very diluted. If you take plenty of fluids before taking your test, the amount of hCG is diluted and is more difficult to detect.
Is it possible to have a false positive?
Get a false positive result on a pregnancy test is less common, but may occur in the following cases:
- In women under fertility treatment with vest outerwear.
- Women who have been pregnant recently, even if an early loss was given or the pregnancy did not end.
- If blood or protein in your urine.
- Some tranquilizers drugs can alter the results.
- You read the results after the time indicated by the manufacturer.
- If you have difficulty reading the results or is difficult to identify the color or intensity of the lines in the results window.
- Some diseases can raise your levels of hCG, as certain types of cancer or ovarian cysts.
- Menopause can cause hormonal imbalance that alters the results of your test.
- Faulty pregnancy tests or that exceed their expiry date.
- A chemical pregnancy, that is when the egg is fertilized but not thrive. This is, in essence, a pregnancy that never occurred, since it ends in a period, although some doctors consider it an early loss.
Cloudy Urine During Pregnancy: Should I Be Worried …
Amazon.com: Easy@Home 25 Pregnancy (HCG) Urine Test Strips …
How Long Does Ovulation and Your Fertile Window Last?
What is Truth of Home Pregnancy Test Kit? 최준식교수
Conveen Critic Barrier Cream 100g
Important Types of Play in Your Child’s Development
Dowa Health Shop in Kuwait. Panadol Cold+Flu All In One
Microshield T (Blue) Triclosan Skin Cleanser 500ml …
How to Use Positive Reinforcement to Improve Your Child’s …
Gestational Diabetes Treatment Nhs Choices
BSN Medical Cutimed Sorbact Ribbon Non-Impregnated Gauze
Buy Benadryl Liquid Elixir from Canada at Well.ca
Ovulation Predictor | Search Results
Ecolab Bacti-Stat Hand Wash Hand Sanitizer
6 Best Home Pregnancy Tests That Can Confirm Pregnancy …
Tubal Ligation Reversal | Become Pregnant Again
Urine Pregnancy Test Doctors Vs Home
Negative Tb Skin Test Results Pictures
Best Pregnancy Pillow